Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lecture Monday 4/27

In class on Monday we read an article by Richard Worzel about what he thought education would be like in the next 100 years. I agree with some of his ideas but not with all of them. We thinks that technology is going go become way more important and used more often in schools. I agree with that statement. You can already see the increase in technology use today, so imagine how much we will use in 100 years. I don't know if I believe what he says about computers reading your brain waves. Even is this is possible, I don't think it would be a useful tool in everyday schools. It seems odd and unaturaly for a computer to know what you are thinking and to know the level of how you understand something. I also don't agree that distance education will take over and there will be no physical classroom. I think that the world knows how important human contact is and how important one-on-one conversations are. Even if we can use techonlogy more we still need human contact and relationships. Teachers will still serve a purpose in 100 years, i believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment